HYUR Manufacturing is seeking 1st and 2nd shift Aerospace Welders for our partner in Hebron, KY!
The anticipated wage for this position is between $18 – $28 plus 10% shift diff! Hourly wages may depend upon experience, education, geographic location, and other factors.
Summary of position:
As an Aerospace Welder you are responsible for the fabrication and welding of aerospace tubular, sheet metal and casting engine components by referencing blueprints. First you will determine the dimensions of welds, then follow up by inspecting the materials to ensure they are ready to be welded.
- Seated at a station TIG welding parts inside of an argon-backed purge box.
- Parts are small (weighing ounces, not pounds) and are composed of Inconel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel.
- Use up to 10 customer blueprints per day, contingent upon the quantity of parts dictated by each print. Prints are in standard measurement units and include various weld symbols.
- Refer to a Welding Procedure Specification binder and complete paperwork for parts.
- After welding, grind the parts to an impeccable, automotive finish.
- New welders will check tolerances on each part, and then operational quality will be inspected by someone from the QC team. Welders will ultimately go through the Operational Acceptance Testing program and become certified to perform their own operational quality inspection.
- Due to the critical nature of the welds, all parts will undergo a series of quality inspections.
- High school diploma or GED
- D17.1 Certification
- Must be able to pass welding test, details will be provided prior to interviewing.
- Minimum 1 year of TIG welding experience
- Blueprint reading and welding symbols.
- Manual dexterity to handle small parts.
- Attention to miniscule detail.
- Reading comprehension to follow written work orders and complete documentation.
- Purge box welding.
- Aerospace Welding
- Lean, Six Sigma, 5S, or similar continuous improvement training
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees with the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.